- File Federal Income Tax Forms, or Form 1040
- File State Income Tax Forms, in Nebraska Form 1040N
(PLEASE NOTE: We can complete other state tax returns as well.)
- Amend Current Year and Past 2 Years Tax Forms
- File Back Taxes and Previous Years Tax Returns
(PLEASE NOTE: In order to file for previous years, we will need all tax related documents, if you are missing some documents you can request them from the IRS at https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript.)
- CANNOT prepare the return if a Depreciation schedule is required or a Schedule F (Farm) is required.
- CANNOT Prepare the return if self-employment or home-based business:
Has a net loss
Has more than $10,000 in expenses
Has self-employed, SEP, SIMPLE, or qualified retirement plans
- CANNOT prepare a return with casualty or theft losses.
- MAY be able to prepare a return with Schedule E (rental income) or Schedule K-1 (partnership or trust income)
- MAY be able to prepare a return with income from dividends, capital gains, or minimal brokerage transactions.
- MAY be able to prepare the return if it involves a current bankruptcy.
- NOT all sites prepare multiple state returns.
What to Bring to Have Your Taxes PreparedIDENTIFICATION:
- Social Security Cards or ITIN Letters for EVERYONE who will be included on the return
- Photo ID for ALL tax return signers (BOTH spouse's if filing jointly)
- Verification of health insurance (1095 A, B, or C)
- W-2s for wages, W-2Gs for gambling income
- 1099s for interest, dividends, unemployment, state tax refunds, pension or 401-K distributions, and other income.
- Records of revenue from self-employment or home-based businesses
- 1098s for mortgage interest, student loan interest (1098-E), or tuition (1098-T), statement of property tax paid.
- Statement of college student account showing all charges and payments for each student on the return.
- Childcare receipts, including tax ID and address for childcare provider
- Records of expenses for self-employment or home-based businesses
- Checking or Savings Account information for direct deposit/direct debit.
- Last year’s tax return.
- How long will my tax return take?
Our goal is to complete and file every tax return within an hour, this is dependent on the documents provided by the tax client, the number of volunteers, and the complexity of your tax return.
- Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes, you do need to make an appointment! You can schedule a time by calling the number attached to the site you would like to visit.
- When can I go to get my return done?
We start preparing tax returns in late January, and continue past the tax deadline, so you can schedule an appointment as soon as you have all the documents needed.
- How long after I file my return can I expect to receive my refund?
If we file electronically, the direct deposit of your refund should be processed in three weeks. A paper return may take 4-6 weeks before your refund is issued. These times may be longer when the IRS is busier than usual. PLEASE NOTE: If you file in January and qualify for Earned Income Credit or Child Tax Credit, your refund will not be issued until February 15 at the earliest.
- Nebraska East Union
35th and Holdrege Streets
- Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center
1505 ‘S’ Street
- Anderson Library
3635 Touzalin Ave
- Eiseley Library
1530 Superior St
- Bennett Martin Library
14th and ‘N’ St
- Center for People in Need
3901 N 27th, Unit 1
- Asian Community and Cultural Center
144 North 44 Suite A
- Good Neighbor Center
2617 ‘Y’ St
- Indian Center
1100 Military Road